Tips to Prevent Panic Attacks
Tips to prevent panic attacks: Caring for your physical body
Panic attacks may be a part of panic disorder, or other anxiety disorders. It may be important for you to be seen by a doctor first to ensure that you do not have a physical illness.
1. Panic attacks are composed of physical symptoms that often mimic physical illness. It’s important for you to get a physical exam if you are suffering from panic attacks.
2. Discuss with your doctor that you are aware of the medical conditions that may be related to panic attacks and request that those issues be checked. They include hypoglycemia, phcochromocytoma, and hyperthyroidism. Ask for assurance that there is not a physical contributor to your panic
3. If you don’t have an exercise regimen get one. The effects of exercise on anxiety and depression are well documented.
4. Monitor your caffeine intake. Excessive caffeine intake can contribute to panic attacks.
5. Monitor your alcohol intake.
6. Learn to recognize anxiety in your body. Anxiety is stored in your body in ways you may be unaware of. Often, your body will tell you are anxious before you even know
Tips to prevent panic attacks: caring for your thoughts.
2. Make yourself a list of reassurances that can help you when you are having a panic attack. For example “I’m just having a panic attack it’s not a real heart attack” I’ve been checked out by a professional” I’m not going to die, this will pass”.
3. Share this list with your friends and loved ones or post the list somewhere you can see it when you need it. If your attacks happen outside of the house, make yourself a wallet sized card with these thoughts.
Tips to prevent panic attacks: Caring for your mind
2/ Learn to meditate. Meditation creates a space between your thoughts feelings and behaviors. It provides us with a greater sense of self control, connection with our body, and a space between our thoughts and behaviors.
3. Realize that your thoughts are not necessarily true. Just because we have a thought does not mean we have to believe it.
Tips to prevent panic attacks: lifestyle
2. Learn new coping skills. If you have a great deal of stress and not very good coping skills, you can create the conditions in your body that make a panic attack more likely!
3. Learn to think positively. Our perception of the events in our environment is what determines our reaction.
4. Reduce your stress level by making good choices about your stress. Sometimes we are unwilling to do the things we need to do to reduce our stress. Leave tips to prevent panic attacks for more information on panic
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Hear my radio interview on my new project
Check out my radio interview here
If you enjoy this website, please like my fan pages below