If I could educate you about my bipolar child
If I could educate the world I'd tell them the following:
1. My child is a wonderfully funny, creative and loving child who suffers with Bi-Polar. (much the same way your child is wonderful and nearsighted)
2. My child would gladly give away every toy she ever had if she could make and keep just one friend. (Don't you dare call her spoiled)
3. My child has NEVER bullied another child. Her heart is big and the tears she cries when other children bully her are valid. She is not a crybaby.
4. My child doesn't want or like bi-polar but, she gets up every day and keeps going.
5. My child is a straight A student. Yes, I home school her. Not because she needs academic help but because other children need to be taught compassion. I don't have time to teach them. I have all the time in the world for my child.
6. My child does NOT need more discipline. When she is stable she is the most well behaved child. When she is not, she needs unconditional acceptance and a voice of reason to empower her....I GIVE HER THAT.
7. My child having bi-polar is not a death sentence, nor does it mean she will not live a wonderfully fulfilling life.
8. My child suffers daily. She is often confused by the injustices life has handed her but, she is always first to offer a helping hand.
9. My child did not eat her way to 180 lbs. She can not lose the weight by eating right. She has not had sugar, white bread, potato or dairy products in 3 years. The medication that keeps her from killing herself causes her to gain weight.
10. My child is doing a damn good job of controlling an illness that brings many adults to their knees.
Mothers of bi-polar children are in a fight for their very lives...and the lives of their children. We are not bad parents of spoiled children. We are super heroes who deal with behaviors you can't begin to imagine and we know the meaning of unconditional love in a way that few people ever experience.
Check out our online facebook support community for parents of kids with mood disorder.
Medical information obtained from
our website is not intended as a substitute for professional care. If you have
or suspect you have a problem, you should consult a healthcare provider.
Search my site with google custom search!
Schedule and appointment below.