A military wife in desperate need of help

by Amy Hanks
(Suffolk va)

My eight year old daughter has extreme low- self esteem. She has extreme temper tantrums which involves screaming in high volume throwing things banging on walls and doors. These screaming fits lasts for 2-3 hours. She complains on constant stomache pain and headaches. She can not explain what her emotion means when asked. after she falls asleep an awakes she claims she doesn't really remember how bad her tantrum got.

We canot talk her down when she starts unless we give in to what she wants. And we are very Consistent no matter how bad she gets. I am a 26 year old military wife, this is my third marriage.I have a 1 year old and 6 year old son.

They are very traumatized when they see their big sister having fits,and the baby cries when shes in a rage. I was 17 when I got pregnant and didnt know to much about my mate til after I left him when my daughter was 2 weeks old. I found out he was bipolar. manic depressive. He was very abusive and tend to inflict pain on himself after he physically harmed me. I am terrified My daughter has some traits. Please Help me

Hi Military wife. I think dads diagnosis is a reason to look at a mood disorder, but I would first get her evaluated medically. She may be having seizures, she may have a thyroid condition, or some other medical condition or diagnosis. Please do this as a first step.

If this shows nothing then you need to seek help from a psychologist. This could be anxiety as well. The fact that you are trying to get her help early suggests that she may be able to learn how to help herself with the difficulty she is having.

Good Luck


Kristen McClure

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to bipolar and adhd, adhd or bipolar?.

Check out our online facebook support community for parents of kids with mood disorders 

Search my site with google custom search!

Medical information obtained from our website is not intended as a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you have a problem, you should consult a healthcare provider.